Organic light emitting diodes (OLEDs) are self-illuminating flat panel displays where organic materials are stacked between conductors. OLEDs emit bright light on the application of electric current; and thus do not require a backlight. This means that OLEDs can be made thinner and more power-efficient than LCDs (liquid crystal displays). The emissive nature of OLED displays facilitates better contrast, clarity, and images with a superior quality of the picture motion.
Browse complete report on: http://www.marketsandmarkets.com/Market-Reports/oled-market-200.html
The two most significant OLED applications are their use as displays and sub-displays, which form the foundation for a wide spectrum of applications in a variety of industries, including energy, consumer electronics, information technology, and industrial automation. Lighting also forms a potential OLED application. OLEDs are expected to form a mainstream market within the next five years by virtue of the growth trends of these application markets.
The highly technology-dependent OLED market is still in the early development stage, and is currently focused on research activities to commercialize OLED products. This research report presents an in-depth analysis of the markets for the two major types of OLEDs, namely passive matrix OLEDs (PMOLEDs) and active matrix OLEDs (AMOLEDs). The report also sizes each submarket of these segments.
The global OLED market is expected grow from 102.3 million units in 2007 to 349.73 million units in 2014 at a CAGR of 24.46% from 2009 to 2014. In 2007, PMOLEDs constituted 86.8% of the total OLED market, while the AMOLED market is expected to have the highest CAGR of 56.48%.
The report tracks the major OLED application markets – i.e. display panels and sub-displays – as well as the end-application markets, which cover the use of OLEDs in products such mobile phones, mp3 players, television, and electronic displays. Each market has been analysed for the four main geographies of North America, Europe, Asia, and ROW.
The PMOLED market dominates due to the early commercialization of products, and the widespread applications in mp3 players and sub displays. But over the forecast period AMOLEDs generate higher market penetration in terms of unit shipment as well as revenues. Even though the unit shipment of AMOLEDs is low during the in the short term it is expected to generate high percentage of revenues as it is more expensive than PMOLEDs which is also facing a price decline
GLOBAL OLED MARKET REVENUES, BY GEOGRAPHY (2009)
Asia Pacific holds a 90.1% share of the global OLED manufacturing market, followed by Europe with 6.2%. North America and Latin America (NA-LA) hold a 3.8% share. Asia Pacific also has the largest end-user market, accounting for the consumption of 65.2% of all OLEDs manufactured, followed by Europe at 21.5% and North America with 13.3%.
What makes our reports unique?
* We provide the longest market segmentation chain in this industry- not many reports provide market breakdown upto level 5.
* We provide 10% customization. Normally it is seen that clients do not find specific market intelligence that they are looking for. Our customization will ensure that you necessarily get the market intelligence you are looking for and we get a loyal customer.
* We conduct detailed market positioning, product positioning and competitive positioning. Entry strategies, gaps and opportunities are identified for all the stakeholders.
* Comprehensive market analysis for the following sectors:
* Pharmaceuticals, Medical Devices, Biotechnology, Semiconductor and Electronics, Energy and Power Supplies, Food and Beverages, Chemicals, Advanced Materials, Industrial Automation, and Telecom and IT. We also analyze retailers and super-retailers, technology providers, and research and development (R&D) companies.
Key questions answered
* Which are the high-growth segments/cash cows and how is the market segmented in terms of oral drugs, injectables?
* What are market estimates and forecasts; which markets are doing well and which are not?
* Where are the gaps and opportunities; what is driving the market?
* Which are the key playing fields? Which are the winning edge imperatives?
* How is the competitive outlook; who are the main players in each of the segments; what are the key selling products; what are their strategic directives, operational strengths and product pipelines? Who is doing what?
Powerful Research and analysis
The analysts working with MarketsandMarkets come from renowned publishers and market research firms, globally, adding their expertise and domain understanding. We get the facts from over 22,000 news and information sources, a huge database of key industry participants and draw on our relationships with more than 900 market research companies across the world. We, at MarketsandMarkets, are inspired to help our clients grow by providing qualitative business insights with our huge market intelligence repository
MarketsandMarkets (M&M) is a global market research and consulting company based in the U.S. We publish strategically analyzed market research reports and serve as a business intelligence partner to Fortune 500 companies across the world. MarketsandMarkets also provides multi-client reports, company profiles, databases, and custom research services.
M&M covers thirteen industry verticals, including advanced materials, automotive and transportation, banking and financial services, biotechnology, chemicals, consumer goods energy and power, food and beverages, industrial automation, medical devices, pharmaceuticals, semiconductor and electronics, and telecommunications and IT.
We at MarketsandMarkets are inspired to help our clients grow by providing apt business insight with our huge market intelligence repository. To know more about us and our reports, please visit our website www.marketsandmarkets.com
7557 Rambler road,
Suite 727, Dallas, TX 75231